Indian eves go down 0-3 to Japan in 3rd Test, lose series
New Delhi: Indian women’s hockey team suffered third successive defeat at the hands of Japan as the hosts took an unassailable 3-0 lead in the four-match Test series at Gifu Green Stadium, Kakamigahara on Monday.
Indians were spanked 0-3 by Japan in the third match of the Test series.
Japan earlier won the first two matches 3-0 and 4-1 respectively.
India will play their last match on Wednesday at the same venue before going to Shanghai, where they will play three Tests against Asian champions China, a Hockey India release said.
This twin tour is in preparation for the Womens World Cup to be held at Rosario, Argentina in August-September this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference