Indian eves held to 1-1 draw in 4-Nation hockey tourney
New Delhi: Indian eves wasted chances galore as they were held to a 1-1 draw by higher-ranked USA in their second match of the Four-Nation Hockey Tournament in Auckland on Friday.
Ranked three places below USA (10th) in the FIH rankings, India were the better side on display for most part of the match, but were undone by poor ball control and finishing.
Poor penalty corner conversion also did not help India`s cause as they wasted as many as four set pieces at Harbour Hockey Stadium. Deepika gave India the lead in the 27th minute but Katie O`Donnell (66th) spoilt their party by scoring the equalizer for USA just four minutes from the hooter. India will next play Australia on Sunday in their last round-robin league match in the first phase of the tournament.
The Indians had earlier lost to New Zealand 1-2 in their tournament opener on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?