Indian eves held to 1-1 draw in 4-Nation hockey tourney
New Delhi: Indian eves wasted chances galore as they were held to a 1-1 draw by higher-ranked USA in their second match of the Four-Nation Hockey Tournament in Auckland on Friday.
Ranked three places below USA (10th) in the FIH rankings, India were the better side on display for most part of the match, but were undone by poor ball control and finishing.
Poor penalty corner conversion also did not help India`s cause as they wasted as many as four set pieces at Harbour Hockey Stadium. Deepika gave India the lead in the 27th minute but Katie O`Donnell (66th) spoilt their party by scoring the equalizer for USA just four minutes from the hooter. India will next play Australia on Sunday in their last round-robin league match in the first phase of the tournament.
The Indians had earlier lost to New Zealand 1-2 in their tournament opener on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB