Indian eves lose 2nd Test against Japan, trail series 0-2
New Delhi: Indian women’s hockey team succumbed to their second successive defeat against Japan to go 0-2 down in the four-match series after their 1-4 loss at the Gifu Green Stadium in Kakamigahara on Sunday.
Having lost the first match of the series 0-3 on Friday, the Indians dished out yet another scrappy performance on a chilly and rainy afternoon and suffer yet another defeat.
For Japan, Kama Nagayama (44th and 62nd minutes) sounded the board twice while Kaya Tameto (2nd) and Mie Nakashima (57th) chipped in with one goal each.
Rani Rampal scored India’s lone goal in the 48th minute, according to information received here.
Japan was the dominant side from the onset as they opened their account as early as in the second minute when Tameto converted their first penalty corner.
The hosts doubled their lead in the 44th minute from another penalty corner strike through Nagayama.
The Indians, however, reduced the margin soon through Rani’s field goal.
But Japan pumped in two field goals within a span of six minutes through Nakashima and Nagayama to seal the tie in their favour.
The Japanese earned as many as eight penalty corners as against India’s two.
The third match of the series will be played at the same venue on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested