Indian eves lose 2nd Test against Japan, trail series 0-2
New Delhi: Indian women’s hockey team succumbed to their second successive defeat against Japan to go 0-2 down in the four-match series after their 1-4 loss at the Gifu Green Stadium in Kakamigahara on Sunday.
Having lost the first match of the series 0-3 on Friday, the Indians dished out yet another scrappy performance on a chilly and rainy afternoon and suffer yet another defeat.
For Japan, Kama Nagayama (44th and 62nd minutes) sounded the board twice while Kaya Tameto (2nd) and Mie Nakashima (57th) chipped in with one goal each.
Rani Rampal scored India’s lone goal in the 48th minute, according to information received here.
Japan was the dominant side from the onset as they opened their account as early as in the second minute when Tameto converted their first penalty corner.
The hosts doubled their lead in the 44th minute from another penalty corner strike through Nagayama.
The Indians, however, reduced the margin soon through Rani’s field goal.
But Japan pumped in two field goals within a span of six minutes through Nakashima and Nagayama to seal the tie in their favour.
The Japanese earned as many as eight penalty corners as against India’s two.
The third match of the series will be played at the same venue on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price