Indian eves lose to Hong Kong in World Junior Team C`ships
New Delhi: India will play Canada in the 5-8th classification tie after losing their quarterfinal match against fourth seed Hong Kong in the World Junior Women`s Squash Team Championships being played in the historic city of Wroclaw, Poland.
The sixth seed Indian eves lost their quarterfinal tie 0-2 but not before putting up a spirited fight against their Asian rivals in the biennial World Squash Federation event at the Hasta La Vista Club.
Harshit Kaur Jawanda played her best but was outwitted by Asian Junior Champion Ho Ka Po in straight games. Ka Po was fierce from the word go and volleyed brilliantly to keep Harshit at bay winning in three games.
Urwashi Joshi, playing her first match in the team event, did trouble Choi with her aggressive play but the Asian under-17 champion patiently waited for the Indian to commit errors before settling the issue in her team`s favour.
Results: Harshit Kaur Jawanda lost to Ka Po Ho 6-11 3-11 6-11.
Urwashi Joshi lost to Choi Uen Shan 7-11 5-11 8-11 5th - 8th place play-offs:
 INDIA v  CANADA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3