Indian eves lose to Hong Kong in World Junior Team C`ships
New Delhi: India will play Canada in the 5-8th classification tie after losing their quarterfinal match against fourth seed Hong Kong in the World Junior Women`s Squash Team Championships being played in the historic city of Wroclaw, Poland.
The sixth seed Indian eves lost their quarterfinal tie 0-2 but not before putting up a spirited fight against their Asian rivals in the biennial World Squash Federation event at the Hasta La Vista Club.
Harshit Kaur Jawanda played her best but was outwitted by Asian Junior Champion Ho Ka Po in straight games. Ka Po was fierce from the word go and volleyed brilliantly to keep Harshit at bay winning in three games.
Urwashi Joshi, playing her first match in the team event, did trouble Choi with her aggressive play but the Asian under-17 champion patiently waited for the Indian to commit errors before settling the issue in her team`s favour.
Results: Harshit Kaur Jawanda lost to Ka Po Ho 6-11 3-11 6-11.
Urwashi Joshi lost to Choi Uen Shan 7-11 5-11 8-11 5th - 8th place play-offs:
 INDIA v  CANADA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Mayawati-Dayashankar Singh row: BJP women leaders to protest in Lucknow against BSP today
- Delhi Police arrests DP Yadav in connection with betting racket
- Sushma Swaraj to make last ditch effort to save Indian facing execution in Indonesia today
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares wide view of Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming from space!
- 1st Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...