Indian eves lose to Hong Kong in World Junior Team C`ships
New Delhi: India will play Canada in the 5-8th classification tie after losing their quarterfinal match against fourth seed Hong Kong in the World Junior Women`s Squash Team Championships being played in the historic city of Wroclaw, Poland.
The sixth seed Indian eves lost their quarterfinal tie 0-2 but not before putting up a spirited fight against their Asian rivals in the biennial World Squash Federation event at the Hasta La Vista Club.
Harshit Kaur Jawanda played her best but was outwitted by Asian Junior Champion Ho Ka Po in straight games. Ka Po was fierce from the word go and volleyed brilliantly to keep Harshit at bay winning in three games.
Urwashi Joshi, playing her first match in the team event, did trouble Choi with her aggressive play but the Asian under-17 champion patiently waited for the Indian to commit errors before settling the issue in her team`s favour.
Results: Harshit Kaur Jawanda lost to Ka Po Ho 6-11 3-11 6-11.
Urwashi Joshi lost to Choi Uen Shan 7-11 5-11 8-11 5th - 8th place play-offs:
 INDIA v  CANADA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Mehbooba flies to Delhi as one more killed in Kashmir violence; toll rises to 70
- Atlanta Healthcare introduces military grade anti-pollution masks
- FIFA seeks ban for Qatar, Asian FC officials for refusing to cooperate with inquiry
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training