Indian girls finish ninth in World Junior Table Tennis
Morocco: The Indian girls team finished ninth after beating Croatia 3-2 in the classification match at the 2013 World Junior Table Tennis Championships here Wednesday.
The team of Manika Batra, Suthirtha Mukherjee, Ayhika Mukherjee and Reeth Rishya Tennison managed to win their singles which helped the team claim the 9-10 play-off match.
Both Ayhika Mukherjee and Manika Batra lost their rubbers to Jeger Mateja 11-9, 11-9, 7-11, 6-11, 9-11 and Rakovac Lea 8-11, 11-9, 7-11, 7-11 respectively.
Reeth Rishya pulled one back beating Markati Paula 10-12, 15-13, 12-10, 11-7 to infuse fresh blood in the competition. Then Manika defeated Jeger Mateja 13-11, 11-5, 11-9 and Ayhika downed Rakova Lea 11-13, 11-7, 11-7, 11-9 to stage a remarkable recovery.
Earlier, India lost their both matches in stage II to Korea and Romania with identical score of 1-3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth