Indian girls knocked out of World squash
Wroclaw (Poland): The Indian challenge in the women`s singles of the World Junior Squash championships ended with Sachika Ingale, Harshit Kaur Jawanda and Lakshya Ragavendran losing to higher-ranked opponents.
Ingale had no answer to World No.4 and top seed Nour El Sherbini of Egypt who raced to a 11-1, 11-3, 11-1 win in the quarter-finals here Thursday.
The 18-year-old Delhi lass had had a marvellous run in the tournament so far with a stunning win over Canadian No.1 and 13/16 seed Hollie Naughton 13-11, 4-11, 11-9, 0-11, 11-4, in the third round.
Meanwhile, Penang Junior Open champion Jawanda ran into Asian U-19 champion Ho Ka Po of Hong Kong who won 11-13, 11-8, 11-1, 11-8 in a keen third round match.
Ragavendra was defeated by Lily Taylor of England, also in the third round, 11-8, 3-11, 7-11, 5-11 in 30 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love