Indian girls knocked out of World squash
Wroclaw (Poland): The Indian challenge in the women`s singles of the World Junior Squash championships ended with Sachika Ingale, Harshit Kaur Jawanda and Lakshya Ragavendran losing to higher-ranked opponents.
Ingale had no answer to World No.4 and top seed Nour El Sherbini of Egypt who raced to a 11-1, 11-3, 11-1 win in the quarter-finals here Thursday.
The 18-year-old Delhi lass had had a marvellous run in the tournament so far with a stunning win over Canadian No.1 and 13/16 seed Hollie Naughton 13-11, 4-11, 11-9, 0-11, 11-4, in the third round.
Meanwhile, Penang Junior Open champion Jawanda ran into Asian U-19 champion Ho Ka Po of Hong Kong who won 11-13, 11-8, 11-1, 11-8 in a keen third round match.
Ragavendra was defeated by Lily Taylor of England, also in the third round, 11-8, 3-11, 7-11, 5-11 in 30 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened