Indian hockey captain Sardar Singh hospitalised ahead of Asia Cup
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
Ipoh: Indian hockey skipper Sardar Singh was hospitalized in Ipoh on Monday ahead of the team’s Asia Cup tour.
Sardar Singh is suffering from high fever and throat infection. Adding to the woes, Indian team is travelling without a team doctor due to which Singh’s medical treatment was delayed.
The 27-year-old was quoted saying in a leading daily that he initially thought it was just a minor problem. "But it became worse and I was hospitalised on Monday with fever," Sardar said.
Hockey India secretary general Narinder Batra informed that the team is travelling without a doctor as the army did not release BB Nayak, a regular member of the team’s support staff, for the tournament due to some reasons.
Sardar’s absence means a major blow to the team. India have to win the tournament to qualify for next year`s World Cup. India open their campaign against Oman on August 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?