Indian hockey eves to play 4 Tests against Azerbaijan
New Delhi: The Indian women`s hockey team will play four Tests against Azerbaijan at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium here from January 15 in a bid to prepare for next month`s Olympic Qualifier.
The first Test between India and Azerbaijan is scheduled for January 15, followed by the second match on January 16, third on January 18 and the final on January 19.
According to a Hockey India statement, the four-match Test series will not only provide invaluable experience to the Indian eves but also give the national selectors an opportunity to identify the team for the Olympic Qualifier to be held here from February 18 to 25.
In a bid to attract spectators to the stadium, the HI has decided to keep free entry for the series.
Meanwhile, the ongoing women`s preparatory camp for the Olympic Qualifier gained pace today as the 18 players, who had recently participated in the four-nation tournament at Argentina, joined the other 30 core probables.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda