Indian lifters book 3 quota places for Youth Olympic Games
New Delhi: Indian lifters booked two quota places among boys and one among girls for the Youth Olympic Games to be held in China in August after the conclusion of the 16th Asian Youth Weightlifting Championships at Bangsaen in Thailand on Saturday.
The Championship was the continental qualification event for the 2nd Youth Olympic Games to be held in August in Nanjing, China.
"Indian girls team was declared runner up with 164 points and as a result got 1 quota/berth for ensuing 2nd YOG Nanjing. 2 boys have already qualified for Nanjing YOG 2014," Indian Weightlifting Federation vice-president Sahdev Yadav said.
In the men`s section, India added one silver and two bronze through Karanbir Singh Bal in boys 94 kg category.
Karanbir, who was competing in his first international event, lifted 127kg in snatch for a silver and then went on to bag a bronze each in clean and jerk (153kg) and total lift (280kg).
On Thursday, Ragala Venkat Rahul had won two gold and one silver in the boys 77kg weight category. He had bagged a silver in snatch (133kg) and a gold each in clean and jerk (163kg)and in total lift (296kg).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical