Indian male lifters end runners-up at Asian Championships
New Delhi: The Indian men`s weightlifting team finished runners-up in the Asian Championships in Astana, Kazakhstan for the first time in its competitive history even though none of them could bag a medal at the event which concluded on Wednesday.
The 25th Women`s and 44th Men`s Asian Senior Weightlifting Championships concluded with most of the Indian lifters finishing inside top eight in their respective categories.
Among the men, Rustam Sarang finished sixth in the 62kg category, while D Senthamizh Selvan finished seventh in the same division. S. Sathish Kumar ended eighth in the 77kg category.
Sukeh Dey ended seventh in the 56kg division.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up