Indian men storm into semis of Kabaddi World Cup
Mansa: The Indian men`s team on Tuesday stormed into the semifinals of the 3rd Kabaddi World Cup, crushing Denmark 73-28 in a completely one-sided match here.
Malaysia`s women team surprised everyone by topping the pool after a 39-29 win over Turkmenistan.
England were out of reckoning despite beating Afghanistan 64-21.
At the end of first half, India were leading 35-16. Indian raiders Baram Singh, Manminder Sran and Sukhbir Sarwan earned 13, 11 and 11 points respectively whereas stoppers Eakam Hathur, Gurpreet Gopi Manaki, Narinder Ram Bittu Dugal bagged 6, 5 and 5 points respectively.
Denmark`s Major Singh and Loverthy Lundbery got 5 points each.
Malaysia`s raiders Manpreet Kaur, Paramjit Kaur and Jaswinder Kaur got 9, 7 and 7 points respectively, while stoppers Mandeep Kaur and Rekha bagged 5 and 4 points respectively.
In another men`s match, the England team was leading 34-8 after the first half.
England`s raiders Jaskaran Singh, Gurdev Singh, Inderjit Singh and Rajvir Singh scored 10, 10, 9 and 8 points respectively, while stoppers Jagtar Singh and Gurpreet Singh got 10 and 8 points respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP