Indian men storm into semis of Kabaddi World Cup
Mansa: The Indian men`s team on Tuesday stormed into the semifinals of the 3rd Kabaddi World Cup, crushing Denmark 73-28 in a completely one-sided match here.
Malaysia`s women team surprised everyone by topping the pool after a 39-29 win over Turkmenistan.
England were out of reckoning despite beating Afghanistan 64-21.
At the end of first half, India were leading 35-16. Indian raiders Baram Singh, Manminder Sran and Sukhbir Sarwan earned 13, 11 and 11 points respectively whereas stoppers Eakam Hathur, Gurpreet Gopi Manaki, Narinder Ram Bittu Dugal bagged 6, 5 and 5 points respectively.
Denmark`s Major Singh and Loverthy Lundbery got 5 points each.
Malaysia`s raiders Manpreet Kaur, Paramjit Kaur and Jaswinder Kaur got 9, 7 and 7 points respectively, while stoppers Mandeep Kaur and Rekha bagged 5 and 4 points respectively.
In another men`s match, the England team was leading 34-8 after the first half.
England`s raiders Jaskaran Singh, Gurdev Singh, Inderjit Singh and Rajvir Singh scored 10, 10, 9 and 8 points respectively, while stoppers Jagtar Singh and Gurpreet Singh got 10 and 8 points respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations