Indian Oil Corporation beat RCF Kapurthala 3-2
Kolkata: Last year`s runners-up Indian Oil Corporation began their Beighton Cup campaign on a winning note beating RCF Kapurthala 3-2 at SAI ground on Sunday.
Former India forward Roshan Minz slotted home in the 9th minute to give Indian Oil an early lead. Gagandeep Singh struck in the 25th minute while two minutes later Didar Singh converted a penalty corner to give Indian Oil a 3-0 lead at halftime.
Simrandeep Singh converted a penalty corner in the 53rd minute, while Deepak Sharma sounded the board in the 64th minute but the Kapurthala outfit failed to get an equalizer to go down in their group A quarterfinal league.
In a group B fixture, Army XI struck a 52nd minute goal by Arumugam to hold Punjab National Bank. Punjab National Bank had a fine 2-0 lead with strikes from Bruno (10`) and Arjun (16`), but Army XI staged a fightback courtesy Poanna (19`) and Arumugam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!