Indian Oil Corporation beat RCF Kapurthala 3-2
Kolkata: Last year`s runners-up Indian Oil Corporation began their Beighton Cup campaign on a winning note beating RCF Kapurthala 3-2 at SAI ground on Sunday.
Former India forward Roshan Minz slotted home in the 9th minute to give Indian Oil an early lead. Gagandeep Singh struck in the 25th minute while two minutes later Didar Singh converted a penalty corner to give Indian Oil a 3-0 lead at halftime.
Simrandeep Singh converted a penalty corner in the 53rd minute, while Deepak Sharma sounded the board in the 64th minute but the Kapurthala outfit failed to get an equalizer to go down in their group A quarterfinal league.
In a group B fixture, Army XI struck a 52nd minute goal by Arumugam to hold Punjab National Bank. Punjab National Bank had a fine 2-0 lead with strikes from Bruno (10`) and Arjun (16`), but Army XI staged a fightback courtesy Poanna (19`) and Arumugam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi