Indian Oil Corporation beat RCF Kapurthala 3-2
Kolkata: Last year`s runners-up Indian Oil Corporation began their Beighton Cup campaign on a winning note beating RCF Kapurthala 3-2 at SAI ground on Sunday.
Former India forward Roshan Minz slotted home in the 9th minute to give Indian Oil an early lead. Gagandeep Singh struck in the 25th minute while two minutes later Didar Singh converted a penalty corner to give Indian Oil a 3-0 lead at halftime.
Simrandeep Singh converted a penalty corner in the 53rd minute, while Deepak Sharma sounded the board in the 64th minute but the Kapurthala outfit failed to get an equalizer to go down in their group A quarterfinal league.
In a group B fixture, Army XI struck a 52nd minute goal by Arumugam to hold Punjab National Bank. Punjab National Bank had a fine 2-0 lead with strikes from Bruno (10`) and Arjun (16`), but Army XI staged a fightback courtesy Poanna (19`) and Arumugam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?