Indian pairs falter at final hurdle in Australian Open
Melbourne: India`s title hopes in the Australian Open Grand Prix badminton tournament went up in
smoke with both the women`s and men`s doubles pair suffering
crushing defeats against their respective rivals to settle for
the runners up position here today.
Top seed Indian men`s pair of Rupesh Kumar and Sanave
Thomas lost 13-21, 11-21 to second seed Malaysian duo of Teik
Chai Gan and Bin Shen Tan in just 26 minutes.
Similarly, the new-formed women`s doubles pair of Aparna
Balan and Shruti Kurian too failed to get past the last
hurdle, losing 13-21, 9-21 against the lesser known Australian
combination of Chia Chi Huang and He Tian Tang.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents