Indian pairs falter at final hurdle in Australian Open
Melbourne: India`s title hopes in the Australian Open Grand Prix badminton tournament went up in
smoke with both the women`s and men`s doubles pair suffering
crushing defeats against their respective rivals to settle for
the runners up position here today.
Top seed Indian men`s pair of Rupesh Kumar and Sanave
Thomas lost 13-21, 11-21 to second seed Malaysian duo of Teik
Chai Gan and Bin Shen Tan in just 26 minutes.
Similarly, the new-formed women`s doubles pair of Aparna
Balan and Shruti Kurian too failed to get past the last
hurdle, losing 13-21, 9-21 against the lesser known Australian
combination of Chia Chi Huang and He Tian Tang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'