Indian pairs qualify for Australian Open main draw
Sydney: Two Indian mixed doubles pairs qualified for the main draw of the $750,000 Australian Badminton Open Super Series by beating their opponents at the States Sports Centre here Tuesday.
While Akshay Dewalkar and Pradnya Gadre needed only 19 minutes to oust local pair Simon Wing Hang Leung and Tiffany Ho 21-10, 21-8, Manu Attri and N. Siki Reddy defeated another Aussie combine Daniel Guda and Alice Wu 21-7, 21-11 in only 18 minutes.
Main draw action starts Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!