Indian pairs qualify for Australian Open main draw
Sydney: Two Indian mixed doubles pairs qualified for the main draw of the $750,000 Australian Badminton Open Super Series by beating their opponents at the States Sports Centre here Tuesday.
While Akshay Dewalkar and Pradnya Gadre needed only 19 minutes to oust local pair Simon Wing Hang Leung and Tiffany Ho 21-10, 21-8, Manu Attri and N. Siki Reddy defeated another Aussie combine Daniel Guda and Alice Wu 21-7, 21-11 in only 18 minutes.
Main draw action starts Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert