Indian Paralympic body warned of suspension
New Delhi: Faction-ridden Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) has been handed a stern warning by its parent international body to hold elections next month or else face suspension.
In a letter written to PCI Executive Officer Satyanarayana, International Paralympic Committee has warned the Indian body of suspension if it fails to elect a new governing body in an Extraordinary General Assembly next month.
"In the light of all the past communications and complaints, we are asking PCI to hold an Extraordinary AGM in which, according to your Constitution, all members are invited and all members elect the office bearers and also secretariat," said the letter written by IPC Membership Relations Manager Claire Magras.
"We need to make sure that a complete democratic process is followed and that all members are allowed to fully express their opinion. Not only the vacant positions must be filled, but all positions must be elected."
The letter said that IPC Chief Operating Officer, Georg Schlachtenberger will be in India next month to ensure that a democratic process is followed during the elections.
"Mr Schlachtenberger could be in India around 19/20th January or 24/25th January. However, he will not go to any other meeting than the one we are asking you to hold above. The purpose of his visit will be to make sure that a democratic process is followed during the Extraordinary General Assembly and particularly during the elections.
"This situation absolutely needs to be clarified in the next weeks, otherwise we will have no choice but to suspend your organisation," the IPC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack