Indian Paralympics team to return on Tuesday
New Delhi: The 33-member Indian paralympic team, including silver medallist Girisha Hosanagara Nagaraje Gowda, will be returning to the country on Tuesday morning.
Girisha, who finished second in the Men`s High Jump F42 event, might be the lone medallist in the squad but the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) has plans to accord a grand welcome to each and every athlete at the airport.
Yesterday, Sports Minister Ajay Maken had met with Indian Paralympic team members over dinner in London, where he had assured all of them jobs.
Maken even asked for an explanation from the officials about the allegations of lack of escorts to look after the athletes during the Games.
He was clearly told that it was not possible to accommodate each and every personal coach in the Games Village.
J P Singh, who is the team leader of powerlifting, said that Farman Basha`s statement was blown out of proportion. He also claimed that the powerlifter was given the best of facilities by the PCI.
"The Paralympic Committee of India is bearing all the expenses of his wife and personal coach, who are in London with Basha," said J P Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP