Indian Paralympics team to return on Tuesday
New Delhi: The 33-member Indian paralympic team, including silver medallist Girisha Hosanagara Nagaraje Gowda, will be returning to the country on Tuesday morning.
Girisha, who finished second in the Men`s High Jump F42 event, might be the lone medallist in the squad but the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) has plans to accord a grand welcome to each and every athlete at the airport.
Yesterday, Sports Minister Ajay Maken had met with Indian Paralympic team members over dinner in London, where he had assured all of them jobs.
Maken even asked for an explanation from the officials about the allegations of lack of escorts to look after the athletes during the Games.
He was clearly told that it was not possible to accommodate each and every personal coach in the Games Village.
J P Singh, who is the team leader of powerlifting, said that Farman Basha`s statement was blown out of proportion. He also claimed that the powerlifter was given the best of facilities by the PCI.
"The Paralympic Committee of India is bearing all the expenses of his wife and personal coach, who are in London with Basha," said J P Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says