Indian Paralympics team to return on Tuesday
New Delhi: The 33-member Indian paralympic team, including silver medallist Girisha Hosanagara Nagaraje Gowda, will be returning to the country on Tuesday morning.
Girisha, who finished second in the Men`s High Jump F42 event, might be the lone medallist in the squad but the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) has plans to accord a grand welcome to each and every athlete at the airport.
Yesterday, Sports Minister Ajay Maken had met with Indian Paralympic team members over dinner in London, where he had assured all of them jobs.
Maken even asked for an explanation from the officials about the allegations of lack of escorts to look after the athletes during the Games.
He was clearly told that it was not possible to accommodate each and every personal coach in the Games Village.
J P Singh, who is the team leader of powerlifting, said that Farman Basha`s statement was blown out of proportion. He also claimed that the powerlifter was given the best of facilities by the PCI.
"The Paralympic Committee of India is bearing all the expenses of his wife and personal coach, who are in London with Basha," said J P Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- SHOCKING! Narsingh Yadav wanted to kill himself after dope test fiasco?
- Whoa! Ranbir Kapoor's new house is ready, GUESS who designed it?
- East India's first cadaver liver transplant in Kolkata
- Niti Aayog to hold consultations today with states on 15-year vision document
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today