Indian Paralympics team to return on Tuesday
New Delhi: The 33-member Indian paralympic team, including silver medallist Girisha Hosanagara Nagaraje Gowda, will be returning to the country on Tuesday morning.
Girisha, who finished second in the Men`s High Jump F42 event, might be the lone medallist in the squad but the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) has plans to accord a grand welcome to each and every athlete at the airport.
Yesterday, Sports Minister Ajay Maken had met with Indian Paralympic team members over dinner in London, where he had assured all of them jobs.
Maken even asked for an explanation from the officials about the allegations of lack of escorts to look after the athletes during the Games.
He was clearly told that it was not possible to accommodate each and every personal coach in the Games Village.
J P Singh, who is the team leader of powerlifting, said that Farman Basha`s statement was blown out of proportion. He also claimed that the powerlifter was given the best of facilities by the PCI.
"The Paralympic Committee of India is bearing all the expenses of his wife and personal coach, who are in London with Basha," said J P Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion