Indian Paralympics team to return on Tuesday
New Delhi: The 33-member Indian paralympic team, including silver medallist Girisha Hosanagara Nagaraje Gowda, will be returning to the country on Tuesday morning.
Girisha, who finished second in the Men`s High Jump F42 event, might be the lone medallist in the squad but the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) has plans to accord a grand welcome to each and every athlete at the airport.
Yesterday, Sports Minister Ajay Maken had met with Indian Paralympic team members over dinner in London, where he had assured all of them jobs.
Maken even asked for an explanation from the officials about the allegations of lack of escorts to look after the athletes during the Games.
He was clearly told that it was not possible to accommodate each and every personal coach in the Games Village.
J P Singh, who is the team leader of powerlifting, said that Farman Basha`s statement was blown out of proportion. He also claimed that the powerlifter was given the best of facilities by the PCI.
"The Paralympic Committee of India is bearing all the expenses of his wife and personal coach, who are in London with Basha," said J P Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report