Indian qualifiers lose in Korea Open
New Delhi: Indian shuttlers had a disappointing start to their campaign in the Korea Super Series with all the three qualifiers suffering contrasting defeats in Seoul on Tuesday.
Anand Pawar notched up a win against Singapore`s Zi Liang Derek Wong but succumbed to a defeat in the second qualification round to Sung Min Park of Korea to crash out of the tournament.
Pawar beat Wong 21-19, 21-14 in 36 minutes, before losing 18-21, 24-22, 18-21 to Park in the men`s singles competition.
Rising shuttler PV Sindhu also had started the day on a positive note, beating Indonesian Maria Febe Kusumastuti 21-19, 21-18 but the 16-year-old Indian could not get past Hye Youn Hwang of Korea and went down 19-21, 14-21.
After the high of reaching the finals of the Syed Modi Grand Prix Gold, Sourabh Varma touched a low today when he lost a grim battle against Daren Liew of Malaysia in three-games in another men`s singles match.
Sourabh squandered a first game lead to lose 21-15, 14-21, 18-21 to Daren in 52 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...