Indian squash teams post easy wins at Asian Youth Games
Nanjing (China): The Indian boys and girls squash teams notched up comfortable victories in all their respective group matches in the team events of the Asian Youth Games, here on Tuesday.
The Indian boys team defeated China 3-0 in their opening encounter in 33 minutes and then eased past South Korea by an identical margin in mere 19 minutes.
In the girls team event, India outclassed Indonesia 3-0.
The Indian eves will next play Hong Kong on Wednesday, while the boys will take on Jordan in the morning and Pakistan in the evening.
Boys - India beat South Korea 3-0 (Vijay Meena bt Sunghag Oh 11-5, 11-4, 11-6; Kush Kumar bt Handong Ryu 11-4, 11-5, 11-8; Yogesh Madhav Dhingra bt Seongchan Park 11-6, 11-4, 11-3). India beat China 3-0 (Vijay Meena bt Tianxia Yang 11-3, 11-2, 11-1; Kush Kumar bt Jun Liang 11-4, 11-6, 11-1; Yogesh Madhav Dhingra bt Kaiyuan Wu 11-1, 11-3, 11-1).
Girls - India beat Indonesia 3-0 (Tanvi Khanna bt Femmy Meydini Lazuardi 11-6, 11-7, 11-0; Harshit Kaur Jawanda bt Mandy Wata Nadiyah 11-3, 11-2, 11-3; Adya Advani bt Yaisha Putri Yasandi 11-7, 11-6, 11-6).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!