Indian team announced for junior women`s Asia Cup
New Delhi : Ritu Rani will lead the 18-member Indian team for the junior women`s Asia Cup in hockey to take place June 27-July 7 in Bangkok, Thailand.
India have been placed in pool A along with China, Malaysia, Singapore and Sri Lanka while Korea, Japan, Kazakhstan, Pakistan and hosts Thailand form pool B.
India will play their opening match against Sri Lanka June 27 followed by matches against Singapore, China and Malaysia.
The tournament will be the qualifier for the FIH junior women`s World cup scheduled for 2013.
Midfielder Ritu`s deputy will be Poonam Rani.
India won the bronze medal in the last edition at Kuala Lumpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS