Indian team announced for junior women`s Asia Cup
New Delhi : Ritu Rani will lead the 18-member Indian team for the junior women`s Asia Cup in hockey to take place June 27-July 7 in Bangkok, Thailand.
India have been placed in pool A along with China, Malaysia, Singapore and Sri Lanka while Korea, Japan, Kazakhstan, Pakistan and hosts Thailand form pool B.
India will play their opening match against Sri Lanka June 27 followed by matches against Singapore, China and Malaysia.
The tournament will be the qualifier for the FIH junior women`s World cup scheduled for 2013.
Midfielder Ritu`s deputy will be Poonam Rani.
India won the bronze medal in the last edition at Kuala Lumpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state