Indian team for South Asian Junior TT Championships announced
New Delhi: Paddler Manika Batra will lead the Indian girls team in the South Asian Junior Table Tennis Championships while boys` challenge will be spearheaded by national champion Abhishek Yadav in the regional tournament to be played here from July 20-22.
The championships will be played in two categories -- junior and sub-junior.
Six nations, including the hosts, will be participating in the tournament to be staged at the Indira Gandhi Stadium.
Other teams in the competition are Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh and Bhutan.
Sutirtha Mukherjee, who won the Slovak Junior ITTF Open last month, will also be a part of formidable Indian challenge.
The winner and runner-up of the team competition will qualify for the Asian Juniors in Doha, Qatar in September.
Junior Boys: Abhishek Yadav, Sudhanshu Grover, Rohit Rajasekhar, Utkarsh Gupta.
Sub-junior Boys: Anirban Ghosh, Birdie Boro, Lalrinpuia.
Junior Girls: Manika Batra, Sutirtha Mukherjee, Ayhika Mukherjee, Reeth Rishya Tennison.
Sub-junior Girls: Sagarika Mukherjee, Harsha Vadhini Ravichandran, Sreeja Akula.
Coaches: Vijayasarathi Seshadri, Arul Narayanan Selvi, J S Bist
Manager: Harish Kumar Kakkar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!