Indian team to participate in Asian Martial Arts Games
Mumbai: A five-member Indian jujitsu team, including two women, is to take part in the 1st Asian Martial Arts Games to be held in Bangkok from August 1-9.
The team, picked by the Jujitsu Federation of India and sent by the Indian Olympic Association, is to be accompanied by three officials at the Olympic Council of Asia-promoted Games which would feature 1300 sportspersons from 40 countries, a media release said.
A total of 121 gold medals are on offer in 10 martial arts, including the better known styles of judo, karate, kick boxing, taekwondo and kungfu.
This is the first-ever edition of these biennial Games which are going to be regulated by the OCA, the release added.
Team: Abhay Mishra, Lalit Singh, Tarsem Sharma (men),
Sakshi Singh and Surkhab Gul (women).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?