Indian teams enter finals of Asian Junior Squash Championships
Seoul: Indian boys prevailed over Hong Kong 2-1 while the girls team outclassed Malaysia 3-0 to enter the finals of the 16th Asian Junior Squash Championship, here today.
It`s for the second time only when both the teams have made it to the summit clash of the Asian championship with the first one being in 2003 in Islamabad.
In the boys` semifinal, Kush Kumar was pushed to the limit before prevailing over Wong Chi Him 3-1. Kush pinned the opponent on his backhand and played some accurate drops to win the match in four games.
Mahesh Mangaonkar won the second match convincingly against Yeung Ho Wai to set up a mouth-watering clash against top seed Pakistan.
In the dead rubber, Madhav Dhingra went down in straight games to Leung Chi Hin Henry.
In the girls` section, Lakshya Ragavendran won a hard-fought contest against Celine Yeap Shu Wan in the decider after Aparajitha Balamurukan went down to Rachel Arnold in straight games.
India`s number one, Anaka Alankamony had earlier disposed off the Malaysian top seed, Vanessa Gnanasigamani, in straight games to put her team ahead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video