Indian teams enter finals of Asian Junior Squash Championships
Seoul: Indian boys prevailed over Hong Kong 2-1 while the girls team outclassed Malaysia 3-0 to enter the finals of the 16th Asian Junior Squash Championship, here today.
It`s for the second time only when both the teams have made it to the summit clash of the Asian championship with the first one being in 2003 in Islamabad.
In the boys` semifinal, Kush Kumar was pushed to the limit before prevailing over Wong Chi Him 3-1. Kush pinned the opponent on his backhand and played some accurate drops to win the match in four games.
Mahesh Mangaonkar won the second match convincingly against Yeung Ho Wai to set up a mouth-watering clash against top seed Pakistan.
In the dead rubber, Madhav Dhingra went down in straight games to Leung Chi Hin Henry.
In the girls` section, Lakshya Ragavendran won a hard-fought contest against Celine Yeap Shu Wan in the decider after Aparajitha Balamurukan went down to Rachel Arnold in straight games.
India`s number one, Anaka Alankamony had earlier disposed off the Malaysian top seed, Vanessa Gnanasigamani, in straight games to put her team ahead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials