Indian teams enter finals of Asian Junior Squash Championships
Seoul: Indian boys prevailed over Hong Kong 2-1 while the girls team outclassed Malaysia 3-0 to enter the finals of the 16th Asian Junior Squash Championship, here today.
It`s for the second time only when both the teams have made it to the summit clash of the Asian championship with the first one being in 2003 in Islamabad.
In the boys` semifinal, Kush Kumar was pushed to the limit before prevailing over Wong Chi Him 3-1. Kush pinned the opponent on his backhand and played some accurate drops to win the match in four games.
Mahesh Mangaonkar won the second match convincingly against Yeung Ho Wai to set up a mouth-watering clash against top seed Pakistan.
In the dead rubber, Madhav Dhingra went down in straight games to Leung Chi Hin Henry.
In the girls` section, Lakshya Ragavendran won a hard-fought contest against Celine Yeap Shu Wan in the decider after Aparajitha Balamurukan went down to Rachel Arnold in straight games.
India`s number one, Anaka Alankamony had earlier disposed off the Malaysian top seed, Vanessa Gnanasigamani, in straight games to put her team ahead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state