Indian U-18 team named for Asian women`s basketball meet
New Delhi: The Basketball Federation of India (BFI) Friday announced the Indian team for the upcoming Asia U-18 Championship for Women to be held in Johor Bahru, Malaysia, from Sep 29 to Oct 6.
The squad will train at Dungguan Basketball School in Dungguan, China Sep 19-26 for more international exposure and obtain competitive scrimmages.
The team will face three local teams before they leave Sep 27 for the championship.
The squad, coached by Harjinder Singh Simak, will comprise of Sangeeta Kaur, Rini Chirayath Lawrance, Madhu Kumari, Shireen Vijay Limaye, Anjana Daisy Ekka, Anjana Prasannan Geetha, Jeena Palanilkumkalayil Skaria, Sharanjeet Kaur, Krittika Rajeev Divadkar, Poonam Chaturvedi, Rajapriyadharshini Rajaganapathi and Sneha Sanjay Rajguru.
Shiba Maggon will be helping Simak as assistant.
This will be Simak`s second international coaching opportunity after leading the U-18 team for the Asia Cup in 2005 in Guangzhou, China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert