Indian U-18 team named for Asian women`s basketball meet
New Delhi: The Basketball Federation of India (BFI) Friday announced the Indian team for the upcoming Asia U-18 Championship for Women to be held in Johor Bahru, Malaysia, from Sep 29 to Oct 6.
The squad will train at Dungguan Basketball School in Dungguan, China Sep 19-26 for more international exposure and obtain competitive scrimmages.
The team will face three local teams before they leave Sep 27 for the championship.
The squad, coached by Harjinder Singh Simak, will comprise of Sangeeta Kaur, Rini Chirayath Lawrance, Madhu Kumari, Shireen Vijay Limaye, Anjana Daisy Ekka, Anjana Prasannan Geetha, Jeena Palanilkumkalayil Skaria, Sharanjeet Kaur, Krittika Rajeev Divadkar, Poonam Chaturvedi, Rajapriyadharshini Rajaganapathi and Sneha Sanjay Rajguru.
Shiba Maggon will be helping Simak as assistant.
This will be Simak`s second international coaching opportunity after leading the U-18 team for the Asia Cup in 2005 in Guangzhou, China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof