Indian U-18 team named for Asian women`s basketball meet
New Delhi: The Basketball Federation of India (BFI) Friday announced the Indian team for the upcoming Asia U-18 Championship for Women to be held in Johor Bahru, Malaysia, from Sep 29 to Oct 6.
The squad will train at Dungguan Basketball School in Dungguan, China Sep 19-26 for more international exposure and obtain competitive scrimmages.
The team will face three local teams before they leave Sep 27 for the championship.
The squad, coached by Harjinder Singh Simak, will comprise of Sangeeta Kaur, Rini Chirayath Lawrance, Madhu Kumari, Shireen Vijay Limaye, Anjana Daisy Ekka, Anjana Prasannan Geetha, Jeena Palanilkumkalayil Skaria, Sharanjeet Kaur, Krittika Rajeev Divadkar, Poonam Chaturvedi, Rajapriyadharshini Rajaganapathi and Sneha Sanjay Rajguru.
Shiba Maggon will be helping Simak as assistant.
This will be Simak`s second international coaching opportunity after leading the U-18 team for the Asia Cup in 2005 in Guangzhou, China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?