Indian win 2 bronze in Tashkent judo event
New Delhi: Indian judokas rounded off their campaign with a couple of bronze medals in the IJF Grand Prix Judo Tournament in Tashkent.
The medals were won by H Sunibala Devi and Th. Kapana Devi.
Sunibala lost to Ivana Maranic of Croatia in the preliminary round but beat R Golmira of Uzbekistan in the second round.
In the bronze medal fight, she defeated Anar Seitimoa of Kazakhstan.
Earlier, Kapana had won bronze on October 4, the Judo Federation of India said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi