Indian win 2 bronze in Tashkent judo event
New Delhi: Indian judokas rounded off their campaign with a couple of bronze medals in the IJF Grand Prix Judo Tournament in Tashkent.
The medals were won by H Sunibala Devi and Th. Kapana Devi.
Sunibala lost to Ivana Maranic of Croatia in the preliminary round but beat R Golmira of Uzbekistan in the second round.
In the bronze medal fight, she defeated Anar Seitimoa of Kazakhstan.
Earlier, Kapana had won bronze on October 4, the Judo Federation of India said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Amjad Sabri laid to rest amid tears, thousands attend Karachi funeral
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker