Indian women stun China 4-2 in Asian Champions Trophy Hockey
New Delhi: Poonam Rani struck twice as India scored an upset victory over higher-ranked China 4-2 in their opening match of the third Asian Women Champions Trophy hockey tournament at Kakamigahara, Japan.
Rani gave India the lead in the eighth minute by converting a penalty corner. Five minutes later, Amandeep Kaur scored a field goal on her debut international match.
In the 59th minute, Rani scored her second -- a field goal -- off a pass from Namita Toppo.
The fourth goal for India came in the 61st minute when Vandana deflected the ball into the net.
India play their next match against Malaysia on November 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH