Indian women stun China 4-2 in Asian Champions Trophy Hockey
New Delhi: Poonam Rani struck twice as India scored an upset victory over higher-ranked China 4-2 in their opening match of the third Asian Women Champions Trophy hockey tournament at Kakamigahara, Japan.
Rani gave India the lead in the eighth minute by converting a penalty corner. Five minutes later, Amandeep Kaur scored a field goal on her debut international match.
In the 59th minute, Rani scored her second -- a field goal -- off a pass from Namita Toppo.
The fourth goal for India came in the 61st minute when Vandana deflected the ball into the net.
India play their next match against Malaysia on November 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader