Indian women team in final of World Team snooker
New Delhi: Vidya Pillai and Arantxa Sanchis played superbly as India1 edged past England 2-1 to breeze into the final of the 2013 IBSF World Team (Women) Snooker Championship in Carlow, Ireland.
Arantxa began well for India as he beat Hannah Jones comfortably 62-25 but Vidya struggled in second frame where Maria Catalano exhibited some excellent shots to pull the frame 70-50 to level the match again.
However, Vidya recovered from the loss and retaliated with magnificent shots in doubles frame. She crafted small but effective breaks to gain a 50-points lead (64-14).
Catalano fought valiantly but Vidya sealed the frame 66-19.
On the other side, team India2 lost to team HongKong1 in straight set of frames 0-2.
Both the ladies, Chitra M. And Varsha Sanjeev did not play upto the mark. However, being in semifinals, they will share joint bronze medal alongwith team England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Asaduddin Owaisi vs common man: High-voltage verbal spat over Akbaruddin Owaisi's comments against Hindus
- Gaya road rage: Bail plea of Rocky Yadav's father Bindi Yadav rejected
- Check out pics! Talgo train's 1st India trial; it can run at a maximum speed of 200 kmph
- Watch: Karan Patel, Ankita Bhargava’s wedding video will restore your faith in 'Arranged Love'
- Do you know Mahatma Gandhi's views on cricket? Read Tripura school textbook