Indian women team in final of World Team snooker
New Delhi: Vidya Pillai and Arantxa Sanchis played superbly as India1 edged past England 2-1 to breeze into the final of the 2013 IBSF World Team (Women) Snooker Championship in Carlow, Ireland.
Arantxa began well for India as he beat Hannah Jones comfortably 62-25 but Vidya struggled in second frame where Maria Catalano exhibited some excellent shots to pull the frame 70-50 to level the match again.
However, Vidya recovered from the loss and retaliated with magnificent shots in doubles frame. She crafted small but effective breaks to gain a 50-points lead (64-14).
Catalano fought valiantly but Vidya sealed the frame 66-19.
On the other side, team India2 lost to team HongKong1 in straight set of frames 0-2.
Both the ladies, Chitra M. And Varsha Sanjeev did not play upto the mark. However, being in semifinals, they will share joint bronze medal alongwith team England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday