Indian women team in final of World Team snooker
New Delhi: Vidya Pillai and Arantxa Sanchis played superbly as India1 edged past England 2-1 to breeze into the final of the 2013 IBSF World Team (Women) Snooker Championship in Carlow, Ireland.
Arantxa began well for India as he beat Hannah Jones comfortably 62-25 but Vidya struggled in second frame where Maria Catalano exhibited some excellent shots to pull the frame 70-50 to level the match again.
However, Vidya recovered from the loss and retaliated with magnificent shots in doubles frame. She crafted small but effective breaks to gain a 50-points lead (64-14).
Catalano fought valiantly but Vidya sealed the frame 66-19.
On the other side, team India2 lost to team HongKong1 in straight set of frames 0-2.
Both the ladies, Chitra M. And Varsha Sanjeev did not play upto the mark. However, being in semifinals, they will share joint bronze medal alongwith team England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez