Indian women team in final of World Team snooker
New Delhi: Vidya Pillai and Arantxa Sanchis played superbly as India1 edged past England 2-1 to breeze into the final of the 2013 IBSF World Team (Women) Snooker Championship in Carlow, Ireland.
Arantxa began well for India as he beat Hannah Jones comfortably 62-25 but Vidya struggled in second frame where Maria Catalano exhibited some excellent shots to pull the frame 70-50 to level the match again.
However, Vidya recovered from the loss and retaliated with magnificent shots in doubles frame. She crafted small but effective breaks to gain a 50-points lead (64-14).
Catalano fought valiantly but Vidya sealed the frame 66-19.
On the other side, team India2 lost to team HongKong1 in straight set of frames 0-2.
Both the ladies, Chitra M. And Varsha Sanjeev did not play upto the mark. However, being in semifinals, they will share joint bronze medal alongwith team England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- France opens manslaughter inquiry into EgyptAir crash
- BGR-34 - Ayurvedic anti-diabetic drug launched by CSIR!
- After Dalai Lama met Lady Gaga, China warns of his motives
- Ishrat Jahan encounter case: GK Pillai knew of changes in affidavit, says inquiry panel
- Army, CRPF squabble over who killed Pampore terrorists