Indian women to train in China for FIBA Asia Championship
New Delhi: The senior Indian women basketball team will undergo a training-cum-preparation camp in Dongguan, China from October 15-25 to prepare for the upcoming 25th FIBA Asia Championship.
The 12-member team is scheduled to participate in the Asian championships in Bangkok from October 27 to November 3 and are currently undergoing their second training camp at SAI, NSWC Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Their first training camp was held at the same venue from August 1-26.
Head coach Francisco Garcia along with his deputy Abdul Hameed Khan will be leading the Indian contingent to China where it will compete against various local clubs.
Senior Women: S Kokila, P Anitha, Raspreet Sidhu, Saranjeet Kaur, Jeena P S, Shireen Limaye, Stephy Nixon, Smruthi Radhakrishnan, Manisha Dange, Geethu Anna Jose, Prashanti Singh, Akanksha Singh.
Head Coach: Francisco Garcia; Coach: Abdul Hameed Khan.
Manager: Jayavanti Shyam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown