Indian women to train in China for FIBA Asia Championship
New Delhi: The senior Indian women basketball team will undergo a training-cum-preparation camp in Dongguan, China from October 15-25 to prepare for the upcoming 25th FIBA Asia Championship.
The 12-member team is scheduled to participate in the Asian championships in Bangkok from October 27 to November 3 and are currently undergoing their second training camp at SAI, NSWC Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Their first training camp was held at the same venue from August 1-26.
Head coach Francisco Garcia along with his deputy Abdul Hameed Khan will be leading the Indian contingent to China where it will compete against various local clubs.
Senior Women: S Kokila, P Anitha, Raspreet Sidhu, Saranjeet Kaur, Jeena P S, Shireen Limaye, Stephy Nixon, Smruthi Radhakrishnan, Manisha Dange, Geethu Anna Jose, Prashanti Singh, Akanksha Singh.
Head Coach: Francisco Garcia; Coach: Abdul Hameed Khan.
Manager: Jayavanti Shyam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea