Indian women to train in China for FIBA Asia Championship
New Delhi: The senior Indian women basketball team will undergo a training-cum-preparation camp in Dongguan, China from October 15-25 to prepare for the upcoming 25th FIBA Asia Championship.
The 12-member team is scheduled to participate in the Asian championships in Bangkok from October 27 to November 3 and are currently undergoing their second training camp at SAI, NSWC Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Their first training camp was held at the same venue from August 1-26.
Head coach Francisco Garcia along with his deputy Abdul Hameed Khan will be leading the Indian contingent to China where it will compete against various local clubs.
Senior Women: S Kokila, P Anitha, Raspreet Sidhu, Saranjeet Kaur, Jeena P S, Shireen Limaye, Stephy Nixon, Smruthi Radhakrishnan, Manisha Dange, Geethu Anna Jose, Prashanti Singh, Akanksha Singh.
Head Coach: Francisco Garcia; Coach: Abdul Hameed Khan.
Manager: Jayavanti Shyam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day