Indians bag 15 medals on 1st day of Commonwealth Weightlifting
New Delhi: India bagged 15 medals, including six gold, to begin their campaign on an impressive note in the Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships in Cape Town, South Africa on Tuesday
Commonwealth Games silver medallist Soniya Chanu fetched a gold each in snatch, clean and jerk, and total lift in senior women`s 48kg category. She lifted a total of 174kg.
In junior women`s 48kg category, Sanjitha Chanu won three silver, one each in snatch, clean and jerk, and total lift. She lifted 165kg in total.
Minati Das won three gold in 44kg youth competition with a total lift of 100kg.
Indians bagged three silver and three bronze in the 48kg youth competition. Joti Mal and Purnima Chanu won three silver and three bronze respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional