Indians bag 6 gold on 4th day in Commonwealth Weightlifting
New Delhi: Indian lifters added six more gold on the fourth day of the Commonwealth (Senior, Junior and Youth) Weightlifting Championships in Cape Town, South Africa, on Friday to swell their medal tally to 95.
L Monika Devi bagged three gold in senior women`s 69kg category with a total lift of 213kg (96+117).
Mangte P Kom then won three more gold in junior women`s 69kg with a total lift of 180kg (80+100).
On Thursday, Indians had won a whopping 56 medals, including 17 gold.
In each weight category, three medals are awarded in each of snatch, clean and jerk, and total lift.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video