Indians bag 6 gold on 4th day in Commonwealth Weightlifting
New Delhi: Indian lifters added six more gold on the fourth day of the Commonwealth (Senior, Junior and Youth) Weightlifting Championships in Cape Town, South Africa, on Friday to swell their medal tally to 95.
L Monika Devi bagged three gold in senior women`s 69kg category with a total lift of 213kg (96+117).
Mangte P Kom then won three more gold in junior women`s 69kg with a total lift of 180kg (80+100).
On Thursday, Indians had won a whopping 56 medals, including 17 gold.
In each weight category, three medals are awarded in each of snatch, clean and jerk, and total lift.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie