Indians clinch 78 medals at Commonwealth weightlifting Championships
New Delhi: India notched up a whopping 78 medals, including 38 gold, in the Commonwealth Youth, Junior and Senior Weightlifting Championships which concluded at Penang, Malaysia on Thursday.
The lion`s share of gold medals were bagged by the youth boys, who picked up 10. The women were not too far behind with the junior and youth combing to clinch 18 gold medals.
The senior men`s team pulled off three gold medal, while the women counterparts notched up three gold and an equal number of silver medal.
The senior women`s team also won half a dozen bronze medals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui