Indians clinch 78 medals at Commonwealth weightlifting Championships
New Delhi: India notched up a whopping 78 medals, including 38 gold, in the Commonwealth Youth, Junior and Senior Weightlifting Championships which concluded at Penang, Malaysia on Thursday.
The lion`s share of gold medals were bagged by the youth boys, who picked up 10. The women were not too far behind with the junior and youth combing to clinch 18 gold medals.
The senior men`s team pulled off three gold medal, while the women counterparts notched up three gold and an equal number of silver medal.
The senior women`s team also won half a dozen bronze medals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?