Indians continue to impress at Asian age group swimming C`ship
New Delhi: Led by Virdhawal Khade, Indian swimmers continue their impressive run at the 7th Asian age group swimming championship as they bagged two gold, three silver and two bronze on the third day to take their tally to 24 medals in the event at Jakarta.
Ace swimmer Khade has contributed four of the seven gold medals and two silver in India`s impressive tally.
The 20-year-old Khade won gold in 100m freestyle event with a timing of 0:50.31 today to add another yellow metal to his kitty.
He had, on the previous two days won 50m butterfly stroke, 100m butterfly stroke, while combining with Aaron D`Souza, Anshul Kothari and Rehan Poncha, he emerged on top in 4x100 free style relay as well.
On the day, Richa Mishra gave India another gold in 400m individual medley category after clocking 5:11.23.
The silver medal winners were Rehan Poncha, who won 400m individual medley by clocking 4:33.77, while Saurabh Sangvekar won the 1500m freestyle recording a time of 15:59.45.
Khade, Poncha, Sandeep Sejwal, Aaron D`Souza settled for a silver in the 4X100m medley relay with a timing of 3:47.41.
Both Aaron D`Souza and Sandeep Sejwal finished with bronze each in the 100m freestyle recording a time of 0:50.96 and in 200m breast stroke with 2:16.33, respectively.
Meanwhile, Indian junior boys water polo team finished at Sixth position in the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey