Indians continue to impress at Commonwealth Weightlifting
New Delhi: India`s impressive show at the Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships continued as their medals tally swelled to 33, including 15 gold, on the second day of the competition at Cape Town, South Africa, on Wednesday.
Shaya Devi (53kg senior women), Pramila Krisani (53kg youth girls), Matsa Santoshi (53kg junior women), L Ajit Singh (50kg youth boys) and Apurba Chetia (56kg youth boys) were among the gold medal winners.
Indians have, so far, also won 12 silver and six bronze medals.
On Tuesday, India bagged 15 medals, including six gold, to begin their campaign on an impressive note.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'