Indians fail to cross qualifying round of Malaysia Open
New Delhi: Indian shuttlers competing in the qualifying round of the Malaysian Super Series suffered contrasting defeats to crash out of the prestigious tournament at Kuala Lumpur on Tuesday.
16-year-old progidy, P V Sindhu, who won three senior level titles in 2011 to jump to world number 31, played her heart out before losing 21-17 16-21 18-21 to Lydia Li Ya Cheah in the women`s singles qualifiers.
RMV Gurusaidutt, too, fought hard but could not get past Daren Liew and lost 16-21 21-13 23-25 to the Malaysian in the men`s singles competition.
Anand Pawar also failed to cross the qualifying hurdle and lost 20-22 18-21 to Mohamad Arif Abdul Latif in another men`s singles event in a 33-minute match.
Top Indian star Saina Nehwal will start her campaign from tomorrow in the women`s singles competition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Geologists discover earth's oldest piece of rock!
- Baaghi movie review: Tiger Shroff and Shraddha Kapoor's action-packed performances fail to make an impression
- Kashmir issue must be resolved under UN resolutions: Pakistan's Aziz
- Notices issued to all those named in Panama Papers: FM Jaitley
- New violence as Paris police break up youth protest