Indians win 3 more medal, including a gold, in Asian Archery
Kolkata: Continuing their fine show, the Indian compound archers clinched one gold, one silver and one bronze to climb to the second position of the medal tally in the Asian Archery Championship being held in Chinese Taipei on Friday.
According to information received here, the Indian mixed team duo of Abhishek Verma and Lily Chanu Paonam beat the Iranians by one point to win their second gold of the meet.
India now have won two gold, one silver and one bronze to be at second position behind Korea (3-2-2) in the medal standings.
Yesterday, the compound men`s team ousted the famed Koreans to open the medal tally with a gold.
Iran, however, avenged their defeat in the mixed section by bagging the gold in the individual event.
Eyeing for a second gold of the meet, Verma narrowly lost to Hamzeh Nekoeei of Iran 141-144 to settle for a silver medal.
In fact, it could have an all-India final but Rajat Chouhan lost to Nekoeei by a slender one-point margin in the quarterfinals.
Nekoeei was locked 144-144 against Sandeep Kumar in the semifinals but the Iranian hit the bull`s eye to make the final cut.
After being unlucky in the semifinals, Sandeep had to be content with a bronze medal after he scored a resounding 146-141 victory over Chanchai Wong of Thailand.
The tournament will conclude tomorrow and India would hope to open their tally in the recurve section.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh