Indians win 3 more medal, including a gold, in Asian Archery
Kolkata: Continuing their fine show, the Indian compound archers clinched one gold, one silver and one bronze to climb to the second position of the medal tally in the Asian Archery Championship being held in Chinese Taipei on Friday.
According to information received here, the Indian mixed team duo of Abhishek Verma and Lily Chanu Paonam beat the Iranians by one point to win their second gold of the meet.
India now have won two gold, one silver and one bronze to be at second position behind Korea (3-2-2) in the medal standings.
Yesterday, the compound men`s team ousted the famed Koreans to open the medal tally with a gold.
Iran, however, avenged their defeat in the mixed section by bagging the gold in the individual event.
Eyeing for a second gold of the meet, Verma narrowly lost to Hamzeh Nekoeei of Iran 141-144 to settle for a silver medal.
In fact, it could have an all-India final but Rajat Chouhan lost to Nekoeei by a slender one-point margin in the quarterfinals.
Nekoeei was locked 144-144 against Sandeep Kumar in the semifinals but the Iranian hit the bull`s eye to make the final cut.
After being unlucky in the semifinals, Sandeep had to be content with a bronze medal after he scored a resounding 146-141 victory over Chanchai Wong of Thailand.
The tournament will conclude tomorrow and India would hope to open their tally in the recurve section.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan