India’s Aditya Mehta wins snooker gold in World Games
New Delhi: India`s numero uno snooker player, Aditya Mehta made the whole country proud as he clinched the gold medal in the World Games after comfortably beating China`s Liang Wenbo in the final of the quadrennial event at Cali, Columbia.
Mehta proved his class once again as the celebrated Mumbai cueist stamped his dominance with a 3-0 win over the pre-tournament favourite.
Mehta had earlier defeated Thailand`s Dechawat Poomjaeng 3-1 in the semifinal as he maintained his stupendous form through the tournament.
Poomjaeng, who had defeated another Indian and eight-time world champion Pankaj Advani 3-1 in the quarterfinals, won the bronze medal after securing a hard-fought 3-2 win over Brazil`s Igor Figueiredo in his third-place play-off match.
Mehta staved off a strong and gutsy challenge from Wenbo before beating him in straight frames.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie