India’s Aditya Mehta wins snooker gold in World Games
New Delhi: India`s numero uno snooker player, Aditya Mehta made the whole country proud as he clinched the gold medal in the World Games after comfortably beating China`s Liang Wenbo in the final of the quadrennial event at Cali, Columbia.
Mehta proved his class once again as the celebrated Mumbai cueist stamped his dominance with a 3-0 win over the pre-tournament favourite.
Mehta had earlier defeated Thailand`s Dechawat Poomjaeng 3-1 in the semifinal as he maintained his stupendous form through the tournament.
Poomjaeng, who had defeated another Indian and eight-time world champion Pankaj Advani 3-1 in the quarterfinals, won the bronze medal after securing a hard-fought 3-2 win over Brazil`s Igor Figueiredo in his third-place play-off match.
Mehta staved off a strong and gutsy challenge from Wenbo before beating him in straight frames.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH