India’s Aditya Mehta wins snooker gold in World Games
New Delhi: India`s numero uno snooker player, Aditya Mehta made the whole country proud as he clinched the gold medal in the World Games after comfortably beating China`s Liang Wenbo in the final of the quadrennial event at Cali, Columbia.
Mehta proved his class once again as the celebrated Mumbai cueist stamped his dominance with a 3-0 win over the pre-tournament favourite.
Mehta had earlier defeated Thailand`s Dechawat Poomjaeng 3-1 in the semifinal as he maintained his stupendous form through the tournament.
Poomjaeng, who had defeated another Indian and eight-time world champion Pankaj Advani 3-1 in the quarterfinals, won the bronze medal after securing a hard-fought 3-2 win over Brazil`s Igor Figueiredo in his third-place play-off match.
Mehta staved off a strong and gutsy challenge from Wenbo before beating him in straight frames.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened