India’s Aditya Mehta wins snooker gold in World Games
New Delhi: India`s numero uno snooker player, Aditya Mehta made the whole country proud as he clinched the gold medal in the World Games after comfortably beating China`s Liang Wenbo in the final of the quadrennial event at Cali, Columbia.
Mehta proved his class once again as the celebrated Mumbai cueist stamped his dominance with a 3-0 win over the pre-tournament favourite.
Mehta had earlier defeated Thailand`s Dechawat Poomjaeng 3-1 in the semifinal as he maintained his stupendous form through the tournament.
Poomjaeng, who had defeated another Indian and eight-time world champion Pankaj Advani 3-1 in the quarterfinals, won the bronze medal after securing a hard-fought 3-2 win over Brazil`s Igor Figueiredo in his third-place play-off match.
Mehta staved off a strong and gutsy challenge from Wenbo before beating him in straight frames.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY