Indo-Pak snooker series in April: PBSF
Karachi: The Pakistan Billiards and Snooker Federation said an Indo-Pak snooker series will be held here from April 1 to 7 after its Indian counterpart gave its confirmation for the event.
"They have sent the names of their four cueists who will take part in this series," PBSF President, Alamgir Sheikh told a press conference.
He said Kamal Chawla, Brijesh Wadhwani, Lucky Walawati and Rifat Habib would represent India in the series.
"We have already sent applications to the concerned government ministries for clearance and NOC for the Indian players to travel to Pakistan to play the series," Sheikh said.
He said the snooker series would prove to be a boost for the sport in Pakistan.
"We have also confirmed to the Indians that we are sending our junior team to Indore for the Asian Junior Championship in April," he said.
Sheikh said the Indian body had also confirmed its participation in the Asian Snooker Championship that will be held in Karachi from April 27.
"We have got confirmations from some 25 countries for the Asian event and India is one of them," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon