Indonesian shuttlers lose in men`s singles, mixed doubles
Jakarta: Indonesia went out of contention in the men`s singles and mixed doubles as their shuttlers were beaten in the semifinals of the Indonesia Open Super Series Premier here Saturday.
Tommy Sugiarto was stopped by German Marc Zwiebler in the men`s singles. The German won 21-17, 21-10.
In mixed doubles, seeded Indonesians Tantowi Ahmad and Lilyana Natsir had to let go of a final berth after they were defeated by fourth seeded Danish pairing Joachim Fischer Nielsen and Christinna Pedersen 21-14, 21-15.
The No.2 players committed several errors that made them nervous. The Indonesian seeded pairing was expected to win the match at home.
"We met them three times this year. It`s really great to have a chance to win the match today," said Pedersen.
Her teammate Joachim added that their Indonesian opponents have been well regarded for their defence skills at the back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar
- Sahara group puts out huge 4,700 acres of land for sale
- Sensex shows traction, up 117 on monsoon update, strong Q4