Indonesian shuttlers lose in men`s singles, mixed doubles
Jakarta: Indonesia went out of contention in the men`s singles and mixed doubles as their shuttlers were beaten in the semifinals of the Indonesia Open Super Series Premier here Saturday.
Tommy Sugiarto was stopped by German Marc Zwiebler in the men`s singles. The German won 21-17, 21-10.
In mixed doubles, seeded Indonesians Tantowi Ahmad and Lilyana Natsir had to let go of a final berth after they were defeated by fourth seeded Danish pairing Joachim Fischer Nielsen and Christinna Pedersen 21-14, 21-15.
The No.2 players committed several errors that made them nervous. The Indonesian seeded pairing was expected to win the match at home.
"We met them three times this year. It`s really great to have a chance to win the match today," said Pedersen.
Her teammate Joachim added that their Indonesian opponents have been well regarded for their defence skills at the back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof