Indonesian shuttlers lose in men`s singles, mixed doubles
Jakarta: Indonesia went out of contention in the men`s singles and mixed doubles as their shuttlers were beaten in the semifinals of the Indonesia Open Super Series Premier here Saturday.
Tommy Sugiarto was stopped by German Marc Zwiebler in the men`s singles. The German won 21-17, 21-10.
In mixed doubles, seeded Indonesians Tantowi Ahmad and Lilyana Natsir had to let go of a final berth after they were defeated by fourth seeded Danish pairing Joachim Fischer Nielsen and Christinna Pedersen 21-14, 21-15.
The No.2 players committed several errors that made them nervous. The Indonesian seeded pairing was expected to win the match at home.
"We met them three times this year. It`s really great to have a chance to win the match today," said Pedersen.
Her teammate Joachim added that their Indonesian opponents have been well regarded for their defence skills at the back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why