Injured Klitschko calls off Pulev world title fight
Berlin: World heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitsckho has postponed next month`s IBF title bout with Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev after sustaining an injury in training.
"I am very disappointed the fight will not go ahead," the 38-year-old Ukrainian said in a statement on Monday. "I am in top form and had a great training camp."
Klitschko, who also holds the WBO, WBA and IBO belts and has won 62 of his 65 bouts, tore bicep muscles during training in Austria.
The fight was due to be held on Sept. 6 in the champion`s Hamburg base. It will now be staged at the same venue later this year.
Pulev, 33, who has recorded 11 knockouts from 20 wins, became the IBF international champion in 2011 and European champion in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’