Injured Klitschko calls off Pulev world title fight
Berlin: World heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitsckho has postponed next month`s IBF title bout with Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev after sustaining an injury in training.
"I am very disappointed the fight will not go ahead," the 38-year-old Ukrainian said in a statement on Monday. "I am in top form and had a great training camp."
Klitschko, who also holds the WBO, WBA and IBO belts and has won 62 of his 65 bouts, tore bicep muscles during training in Austria.
The fight was due to be held on Sept. 6 in the champion`s Hamburg base. It will now be staged at the same venue later this year.
Pulev, 33, who has recorded 11 knockouts from 20 wins, became the IBF international champion in 2011 and European champion in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mark Zuckerberg to connect with ISS astronauts via Facebook Live
- Top aide of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander surrenders in Kashmir
- Darshan Kumaar, Randeep Hooda and Vijender Singh showcase 'Jat power punch'! See pic
- Fifty years after his death, VD Savarkar trending on Twitter: Know why
- BSER Rajasthan Board Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared soon on rajresults.nic.in and rajeduboard.nic.in