Injured Klitschko calls off Pulev world title fight
Berlin: World heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitsckho has postponed next month`s IBF title bout with Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev after sustaining an injury in training.
"I am very disappointed the fight will not go ahead," the 38-year-old Ukrainian said in a statement on Monday. "I am in top form and had a great training camp."
Klitschko, who also holds the WBO, WBA and IBO belts and has won 62 of his 65 bouts, tore bicep muscles during training in Austria.
The fight was due to be held on Sept. 6 in the champion`s Hamburg base. It will now be staged at the same venue later this year.
Pulev, 33, who has recorded 11 knockouts from 20 wins, became the IBF international champion in 2011 and European champion in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials