Injured Maslak misses 400m title defence, season over
Czech sprinter Pavel Maslak has suffered a season-ending injury robbing him of a defence of his 400m title at next month`s European championships, his manager announced on Tuesday.
"The injury on his right hamstring is not cured enough to give him enough time for quality training ahead of the Zurich championships" on August 12-17, said his manager Alfons Juck.
The 23-year-old reigning 400m world indoor champion tore his hamstring at the end of May.
Maslak had expected to run at the Diamond League meet in Monaco on Friday but withdrew his registration on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon