Injured Maslak misses 400m title defence, season over
Czech sprinter Pavel Maslak has suffered a season-ending injury robbing him of a defence of his 400m title at next month`s European championships, his manager announced on Tuesday.
"The injury on his right hamstring is not cured enough to give him enough time for quality training ahead of the Zurich championships" on August 12-17, said his manager Alfons Juck.
The 23-year-old reigning 400m world indoor champion tore his hamstring at the end of May.
Maslak had expected to run at the Diamond League meet in Monaco on Friday but withdrew his registration on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range