Injured Maslak misses 400m title defence, season over
Czech sprinter Pavel Maslak has suffered a season-ending injury robbing him of a defence of his 400m title at next month`s European championships, his manager announced on Tuesday.
"The injury on his right hamstring is not cured enough to give him enough time for quality training ahead of the Zurich championships" on August 12-17, said his manager Alfons Juck.
The 23-year-old reigning 400m world indoor champion tore his hamstring at the end of May.
Maslak had expected to run at the Diamond League meet in Monaco on Friday but withdrew his registration on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation