Injured Maslak misses 400m title defence, season over
Czech sprinter Pavel Maslak has suffered a season-ending injury robbing him of a defence of his 400m title at next month`s European championships, his manager announced on Tuesday.
"The injury on his right hamstring is not cured enough to give him enough time for quality training ahead of the Zurich championships" on August 12-17, said his manager Alfons Juck.
The 23-year-old reigning 400m world indoor champion tore his hamstring at the end of May.
Maslak had expected to run at the Diamond League meet in Monaco on Friday but withdrew his registration on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court