International archer Pratima Boro`s body brought to Assam
Guwahati: The body of international archer Pratima Boro, who committed suicide during the ongoing national team selection camp in Pune, was brought to Assam on Saturday.
Boro`s body arrived at the Lokopriyo Gopinath Borodoloi International Airport this afternoon and was received by senior officials of the North East Frontier Railway, where she was currently employed, and sports department.
Her body was taken to NF Railway headquarters at Maligaon here where senior officials and her colleagues paid rich tributes to her.
Boro`s body was later taken to Kokrajhar where her father demanded a second postmortem and the district administration was considering to conduct it, official sources said.
The 22-year old archer, a bright hopeful for 2016 Olympics at Rio de Janerio, was found hanging by fellow archer and roommate Himani Boro in the hostel room of Army Sports Training Centre in Pune.
Boro hailed from Malouguri village in Fakiragram area of Kokrajhar. She had represented the Indian team in several international championships and had won gold medal in Asian Grand Prix Championships at Seoul in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested