International archer Pratima Boro`s body brought to Assam
Guwahati: The body of international archer Pratima Boro, who committed suicide during the ongoing national team selection camp in Pune, was brought to Assam on Saturday.
Boro`s body arrived at the Lokopriyo Gopinath Borodoloi International Airport this afternoon and was received by senior officials of the North East Frontier Railway, where she was currently employed, and sports department.
Her body was taken to NF Railway headquarters at Maligaon here where senior officials and her colleagues paid rich tributes to her.
Boro`s body was later taken to Kokrajhar where her father demanded a second postmortem and the district administration was considering to conduct it, official sources said.
The 22-year old archer, a bright hopeful for 2016 Olympics at Rio de Janerio, was found hanging by fellow archer and roommate Himani Boro in the hostel room of Army Sports Training Centre in Pune.
Boro hailed from Malouguri village in Fakiragram area of Kokrajhar. She had represented the Indian team in several international championships and had won gold medal in Asian Grand Prix Championships at Seoul in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Notice issued to Priyanka Gandhi Vadra over her land deal in Shimla
- PM Modi tests performance of BJP MPs on social media; Sushma Swaraj emerges star performer
- CAD to widen to $25 billion in FY17 on surge in gold imports, sluggish exports: Report
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch