International archer Pratima Boro`s body brought to Assam
Guwahati: The body of international archer Pratima Boro, who committed suicide during the ongoing national team selection camp in Pune, was brought to Assam on Saturday.
Boro`s body arrived at the Lokopriyo Gopinath Borodoloi International Airport this afternoon and was received by senior officials of the North East Frontier Railway, where she was currently employed, and sports department.
Her body was taken to NF Railway headquarters at Maligaon here where senior officials and her colleagues paid rich tributes to her.
Boro`s body was later taken to Kokrajhar where her father demanded a second postmortem and the district administration was considering to conduct it, official sources said.
The 22-year old archer, a bright hopeful for 2016 Olympics at Rio de Janerio, was found hanging by fellow archer and roommate Himani Boro in the hostel room of Army Sports Training Centre in Pune.
Boro hailed from Malouguri village in Fakiragram area of Kokrajhar. She had represented the Indian team in several international championships and had won gold medal in Asian Grand Prix Championships at Seoul in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'