International Sports Film Week kicks off in Beijing
Beijing: Beijing International Sports Film Week 2014 opened here Tuesday, featuring nearly 60 sports films from home and abroad.
During the seven days of the film festival, a series of activities will be organised to let the public enjoy the sports films, including sports film exhibitions, sports culture exhibition, film salons and the selection of Chinese films for the 32nd International Festival of Sport Movies and TV in Milan, reports Xinhua.
Film and sports lovers in Beijing can watch nearly sixty sports films from 11 countries and districts of the world, which tell the inspiring stories of sports, such as skating, rock climbing, motorcycle racing and track and field, according to organiser Beijing Olympic City Development Association.
To support China to bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, the organiser will show more films on "ice skating and skiing" and will also invite some coaches and sportspersons to communicate with the public.
Established in 2005, Beijing International Sports Film Week is an international sports film exhibition event since it became one of the important Olympic cultural activities during the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal