International sports summit in Mumbai
Vadodara: Some of the biggest names in sports, government and private sector will participate in the two-day “India International Sports Summit” beginning in Mumbai on Wednesday.
According to Chief executive of Trans Stadia Pvt Ltd -- the sports and entertainment company behind the move – Udit Sheth the list of speakers would include Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel and MP Priya Dutt.
The sports world would be represented by 2010 Commonwealth Games chairman Suresh Kalmadi, cricket legend Kapil Dev, Australian cricketer Mathew Hayden, star marksman Abhinav Bindra, ace cueist Geet Shethi, soccer ace Baichung Bhutia and badminton legend Prakash Padukone, Sheth said.
Several other prominent personalities from UK, USA and other countries would also be present on the occasion, Sheth said.
“The summit is inclusive and welcomes all the stakeholders of the sports industry -- sportspersons, government, sporting federations, infrastructure,technology, finance, education, advertising brands, community outreach and entertainment to create a united voice of the industry,” Trans Stadia Pvt Ltd chairman Haresh Sheth said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan