International sports summit in Mumbai
Vadodara: Some of the biggest names in sports, government and private sector will participate in the two-day “India International Sports Summit” beginning in Mumbai on Wednesday.
According to Chief executive of Trans Stadia Pvt Ltd -- the sports and entertainment company behind the move – Udit Sheth the list of speakers would include Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel and MP Priya Dutt.
The sports world would be represented by 2010 Commonwealth Games chairman Suresh Kalmadi, cricket legend Kapil Dev, Australian cricketer Mathew Hayden, star marksman Abhinav Bindra, ace cueist Geet Shethi, soccer ace Baichung Bhutia and badminton legend Prakash Padukone, Sheth said.
Several other prominent personalities from UK, USA and other countries would also be present on the occasion, Sheth said.
“The summit is inclusive and welcomes all the stakeholders of the sports industry -- sportspersons, government, sporting federations, infrastructure,technology, finance, education, advertising brands, community outreach and entertainment to create a united voice of the industry,” Trans Stadia Pvt Ltd chairman Haresh Sheth said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'