IOA condoles death of BFI CEO Harish Sharma
New Delhi: The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) on Saturday condoled the death of Harish Sharma, a former basketball player and Secretary General of Basketball Federation of India (BFI).
Sharma, 53, who died here last night after brief illness, was cremated this afternoon.
He is survived by a wife and two daughters.
"He was a gentleman to the core, who never spoke ill of any body. His main ambition was to raise the level of the Indian Basketball," IOA Acting President Prof. Vijay Kumar Malhotra said in his condolence message.
Malhotra said that Sharma took the Indian Basketball to new heights. He recalled that in the 2008 Athens Olympics, Sharma, who had gone as deputy chef de mission of Indian contingent, virtually performed the duties of chief de mission with dignity and competence.
The IOA chief said the sports fraternity of the country will never forget the yeoman services of Harish Sharma.
"May his soul rest in peace."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Supreme Court bans diesel, petrol cabs in Delhi-NCR from May 1
- SHOCKING! Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Haryana - WATCH VIDEO
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to star in Ajay Devgn's ‘Baadshaho’?
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept