IOA condoles death of BFI CEO Harish Sharma
New Delhi: The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) on Saturday condoled the death of Harish Sharma, a former basketball player and Secretary General of Basketball Federation of India (BFI).
Sharma, 53, who died here last night after brief illness, was cremated this afternoon.
He is survived by a wife and two daughters.
"He was a gentleman to the core, who never spoke ill of any body. His main ambition was to raise the level of the Indian Basketball," IOA Acting President Prof. Vijay Kumar Malhotra said in his condolence message.
Malhotra said that Sharma took the Indian Basketball to new heights. He recalled that in the 2008 Athens Olympics, Sharma, who had gone as deputy chef de mission of Indian contingent, virtually performed the duties of chief de mission with dignity and competence.
The IOA chief said the sports fraternity of the country will never forget the yeoman services of Harish Sharma.
"May his soul rest in peace."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie