IOA delegation to go to Lausanna for talks
New Delhi: Rattled by the International Olympic`s committee`s renewed threat to suspend India, the IOA is sending a two-member delegation to Lausanne to meet top IOC officials and resolve the vexed issues surrounding its upcoming elections.
After a series of meetings among top IOA officials right through the day, it was decided that Hockey India secretary general Narinder Batra and lawyer R K Anand will fly to Lausanne soon to explain IOA`s position.
IOA Acting President Vijay Kumar Malhotra said that the IOA would respond to IOC`s letter by tomorrow, the last date given by the world body to explain IOA`s stand on the issue.
The IOA delegation comprising Batra and Anand will also meet the Sports Minister and other senior officials tomorrow to discuss the issue.
The IOC had yesterday made it clear that it will propose the suspension of IOA in its Executive Board Meeting early next month if the upcoming IOA elections are held under the government`s Sports Code, a development which has put the controversial polls under a cloud.
In a letter written by IOC Director General Christophe de Kepper to IOA acting chief V K Malhotra, the world body rejected IOA`s request to send an international delegation to resolve the issue and threatened to intiate the process of suspending the Indian sports body.
The world body reiterated its directive to the IOA as expressed in its letter on November 23 to present its position to the IOC by November 30 or face suspension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured