IOA elections rescheduled to Dec 5
New Delhi: The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) elections will now take place Dec 5.
The elections were scheduled to be held Nov 25 but were deferred due to the resignation of former election commission chief S Y Quraishi from the IOA poll panel last week.
Quraishi`s replacement Anil Dev Singh, retired chief justice of Rajasthan High Court, decided Wednesday on the date of the elections after a discussion with other commission members: Returning Officer Justice (retd) V K Bali and Justice (retd) J D Kapoor.
According to an IOA release, the list of nominations received have been displayed at Justics Bali`s office.
The scrutiny of nominations will be held Saturday Nov 24 and the withdrawal of nominations will be from Nov 25 to 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!