IOA elections rescheduled to Dec 5
New Delhi: The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) elections will now take place Dec 5.
The elections were scheduled to be held Nov 25 but were deferred due to the resignation of former election commission chief S Y Quraishi from the IOA poll panel last week.
Quraishi`s replacement Anil Dev Singh, retired chief justice of Rajasthan High Court, decided Wednesday on the date of the elections after a discussion with other commission members: Returning Officer Justice (retd) V K Bali and Justice (retd) J D Kapoor.
According to an IOA release, the list of nominations received have been displayed at Justics Bali`s office.
The scrutiny of nominations will be held Saturday Nov 24 and the withdrawal of nominations will be from Nov 25 to 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?