IOA elections rescheduled to Dec 5
New Delhi: The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) elections will now take place Dec 5.
The elections were scheduled to be held Nov 25 but were deferred due to the resignation of former election commission chief S Y Quraishi from the IOA poll panel last week.
Quraishi`s replacement Anil Dev Singh, retired chief justice of Rajasthan High Court, decided Wednesday on the date of the elections after a discussion with other commission members: Returning Officer Justice (retd) V K Bali and Justice (retd) J D Kapoor.
According to an IOA release, the list of nominations received have been displayed at Justics Bali`s office.
The scrutiny of nominations will be held Saturday Nov 24 and the withdrawal of nominations will be from Nov 25 to 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted