IOA likely to amend its constitution incorporating age and tenure guidelines
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
New Delhi: The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) is likely to amend its constitution and is set to incorporate age and tenure guidelines.
The IOA`s General Body Meeting is being held in New Delhi today to discuss the directives issued by International Olympic Committee (IOC) to amend its constitution.
The IOC had on August 15 asked the IOA to amend its constitution incorporating the provisions to bar corruption- tainted persons from contesting elections proposed to be held next month.
According to media reports, IOA President will hold office for three terms with its member retiring at the age of 70 years as per the provisions of new constitution.
The IOA`s General Body Meeting was witness to some drama in New Delhi on Sunday when the National Rifles Association of India President Raninder Singh was asked to leave the meeting due to a pending court case against the shooting body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says