IOC asks IOA to submit amendments proposals
New Delhi: The IOC on Tuesday asked the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) to co-ordinate and submit all amendment proposals to the world body by no later than June 12, 2013, so the process of lifting the ban on India could be started at the earliest.
This letter is followed by the one, dated 24 May 2013, where the International Olympic Committee had issued the roadmap for the country`s return to the Olympic fold, under which the IOA was suppose to amend its constitution before July 15 and elect new office bearers by September 1, both under the watchful eyes of the IOC.
"This is to follow up on our letter of May 24. In order to move forward with the first step of the process (amendments to the IOA Constitution), you are kindly invited to co-ordinate and submit to us (by email) all amendments proposals from the membership of the suspended IOA as soon as possible and no later than 12 June 2013," Jerome Poivey, head of the IOC`s Institutional Relations and Governance, wrote in the letter.
The IOC said it will give its opinion after studying the amendments proposals.
"We will then review the amendments proposals submitted and provide you with our comments as well as our additional requests for amendments in order to ensure that all standards of good governance and integrity are effectively addressed in the final draft that will be presented for adoption at the first extraordinary meeting of the IOA," the letter further stated.
In its earlier letter, the IOC had said it would start left the ban on India after the guidelines in the roadmap are implemented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Efforts to be made to restore NMNH specimens: Javadekar
- Check out! These are the top 10 defaulters in India; Kingfisher Airlines at No. 9?
- Shades of DMK promises in Cong manifesto for TN polls
- Chewbacca is not just a Star Wars character's name anymore!
- PM Modi should spend a day each in drought-hit places: Shiv Sena