IOC chief invites Ramachandran for discussion on Indian sports
New Delhi: In a significant development, IOA President N Ramachandran has been invited by International Olympic Committee chief Thomas Bach on March 26 in Lausanne, apparently, to discuss the roadmap of development of sports in the country, which last month came out of a 14-month suspension.
The newly-elected IOA Executive Body was to hold its first meeting on March 27 but now it has been postponed to April 3 in view of Ramachandran`s meeting with Bach.
"Ramachandran has been invited by Bach for a meeting with him in Lausanne on March 27. The agenda is known only to Ramachandran and Bach," an IOA source told PTI. "But it`s most likely that a roadmap for India on how to take Olympic sport forward could be discussed," the source said, adding that only Ramachandran has been invited by the IOC chief.
"Ramachandran is expected to brief the IOA on April 3 meeting of the Executive Committee about his meeting with Bach." Just days after the lifting of ban on the IOA by the IOC last month, Ramachandran met Bach in Sochi at the dinner hosted by Russian President Vladimir Putin for NOC chiefs and IOC top brass after the conclusion of the Winter Olympic Games.
Asked about the agenda of the meeting, Ramachandran, who was here to attend the 2014 Incheon Asian Games Roadshow, refused to divulge any details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video