IOC chief invites Ramachandran for discussion on Indian sports
New Delhi: In a significant development, IOA President N Ramachandran has been invited by International Olympic Committee chief Thomas Bach on March 26 in Lausanne, apparently, to discuss the roadmap of development of sports in the country, which last month came out of a 14-month suspension.
The newly-elected IOA Executive Body was to hold its first meeting on March 27 but now it has been postponed to April 3 in view of Ramachandran`s meeting with Bach.
"Ramachandran has been invited by Bach for a meeting with him in Lausanne on March 27. The agenda is known only to Ramachandran and Bach," an IOA source told PTI. "But it`s most likely that a roadmap for India on how to take Olympic sport forward could be discussed," the source said, adding that only Ramachandran has been invited by the IOC chief.
"Ramachandran is expected to brief the IOA on April 3 meeting of the Executive Committee about his meeting with Bach." Just days after the lifting of ban on the IOA by the IOC last month, Ramachandran met Bach in Sochi at the dinner hosted by Russian President Vladimir Putin for NOC chiefs and IOC top brass after the conclusion of the Winter Olympic Games.
Asked about the agenda of the meeting, Ramachandran, who was here to attend the 2014 Incheon Asian Games Roadshow, refused to divulge any details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport