IOC confident of Rio`s Olympic readiness
Geneva: A day after the Rio civic authority ordered temporary closure of the Joao Havelange stadium, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) said on Wednesday that they were ‘absolutely confident’, in their belief of Rio de Janeiro`s preparations for the 2016 Olympics.
The Rio municipal government said on Tuesday that they have decided to shut the Joao Havelange Stadium, which will host track and field events, because of structural problems with the roof. IOC spokesman Mark Adams said the IOC is ‘in regular contact with Rio 2016’.
Olympic organisers in Brazil said they have ‘full confidence that the city of Rio de Janeiro will take the necessary measures to guarantee that the Olympic Stadium is ready’ for the games and test events.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler