IOC confident of Rio`s Olympic readiness
Geneva: A day after the Rio civic authority ordered temporary closure of the Joao Havelange stadium, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) said on Wednesday that they were ‘absolutely confident’, in their belief of Rio de Janeiro`s preparations for the 2016 Olympics.
The Rio municipal government said on Tuesday that they have decided to shut the Joao Havelange Stadium, which will host track and field events, because of structural problems with the roof. IOC spokesman Mark Adams said the IOC is ‘in regular contact with Rio 2016’.
Olympic organisers in Brazil said they have ‘full confidence that the city of Rio de Janeiro will take the necessary measures to guarantee that the Olympic Stadium is ready’ for the games and test events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?