IOC President Rogge to meet with head of wrestling`s governing body
Lausanne: Soon after IOC’s decision to drop wrestling from 2020 Olympics triggered a massive controversy, IOC President Jacques Rogge said he will meet with the head of wrestling`s governing body to have a discussion regarding ways the sport can fight to save its place in the prestigious games.
The IOC executive board dropped wrestling from the program of the 2020 Games yesterday, removing it from the list of 26 sports contested at last year`s London Olympics.
The decision, which still should be ratified by the full IOC in September, has been widely criticised by wrestling organizations around the world.
Wrestlers from all over the world have expressed disappointment over the decision as wrestling has been a part of the modern Games since their rebirth in 1896.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Attacks racist but have belief in Indian govt: African envoy
- Woman delivers in Delhi Police PCR van, both mother and child safe
- IPL 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad defeat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 8 runs to win maiden title
- Coal auction to get Rs 3.45 lakh crore; Rs 36k crore saving via DBT: Government
- Hardik Patel calls for stir against donations to schools, colleges in Gujarat