IOC President Rogge to meet with head of wrestling`s governing body
Lausanne: Soon after IOC’s decision to drop wrestling from 2020 Olympics triggered a massive controversy, IOC President Jacques Rogge said he will meet with the head of wrestling`s governing body to have a discussion regarding ways the sport can fight to save its place in the prestigious games.
The IOC executive board dropped wrestling from the program of the 2020 Games yesterday, removing it from the list of 26 sports contested at last year`s London Olympics.
The decision, which still should be ratified by the full IOC in September, has been widely criticised by wrestling organizations around the world.
Wrestlers from all over the world have expressed disappointment over the decision as wrestling has been a part of the modern Games since their rebirth in 1896.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal