IOC President Rogge to meet with head of wrestling`s governing body
Lausanne: Soon after IOC’s decision to drop wrestling from 2020 Olympics triggered a massive controversy, IOC President Jacques Rogge said he will meet with the head of wrestling`s governing body to have a discussion regarding ways the sport can fight to save its place in the prestigious games.
The IOC executive board dropped wrestling from the program of the 2020 Games yesterday, removing it from the list of 26 sports contested at last year`s London Olympics.
The decision, which still should be ratified by the full IOC in September, has been widely criticised by wrestling organizations around the world.
Wrestlers from all over the world have expressed disappointment over the decision as wrestling has been a part of the modern Games since their rebirth in 1896.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!